Saturday, September 10, 2011

I can blog too!

You hear all the time on the news about bloggers and the so-called "blogosphere" that I finally decided "Me too!" After all, there's only so many times I can use the same tired old jokes and predictable commentary on my friends and family...ok, well truthfully I have no friends so only my family...well, my family learned to ignore me years ago, so that leaves YOU, the unsuspecting web surfer!

I'm going to keep it simple this round...below is my list of political phrases (along with their true meaning) that I think should be banned (EDITOR'S NOTE: I am not actually advocating the banning of any word, it was metaphorical).

  1. Both sides of the aisle--I don't give a d*mn what the other party thinks but I'm going to make it look like I care
  2. Work together--you do what I want...and we are together while you do it
  3. I will not rest until...--I'll see you after the vacation
  4. Middle class/working class--I don't really know what this means but it sure gets applause
  5. Comprehensive--an approach to a problem involving numerous tiny solutions whose aggregate effect is effectively zero while omitting any real solution
  6. What the American people want--what I and my party want
  7. Our democracy--I really have no idea how true REPUBLICAN government works, democracy just gets a lot of applause
  8. National government--see above, I have no clue what federalism is
  9. This isn't partisan politics--this IS partisan politics
  10. This isn't about race--this IS about race
  11. Fair share--you don't give me enough of your money, maybe when we start taking 100% of it then it might approach fair
  12. Let me be clear--I will now say something which is anything but clear (note: this one is not mine, I read it somewhere else though I forget where)
OK, so is that boring, mundane, predictable, and unfunny enough for you?

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment